Everyone loves to think that they “don’t have time to eat healthy”. Frankly this excuse never made much sense, particularly when you consider it takes less than 60 seconds to whip up a nutritionally balanced, healthy meal in the form of a meal replacement shake.
Now when we say meal replacement, we aren’t referring to the Ensure/Boost type of processed garbage, laden with simple sugars and junk fats. Rather, by creating your own shake, you have full control over what goes into it.
Higher quality nutrients, plus great taste – sounds like a winning combination to us!
“Blueprint for Success” Shakes
- Start with anywhere from 250-500 ml of water or other low-calorie beverage, like unsweetened almond milk, as the base.
- Females, select one option from each of the following columns. Males, opt for 1 ½ – 2 servings*.
- Add everything to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add ice cubes and continue blending until desired consistency is achieved.
* 1 serving of protein = 20-25 g protein.
|Protein Source||Carbohydrates||Healthy Fats||Added Fibre|
|(choose one)||(choose one)||(choose one)|
|1 scoop whey protein||1 banana||1 TBSP peanut butter||1 TBSP chia seeds|
|1 scoop soy protein||1 cup berries||¼ cup coconut milk||1 TBSP flax seeds|
|3/4 cup greek yogourt||½ cup natural fruit juice||1 TBSP almond butter||2 cup baby spinach|
|3/4 cup cottage cheese||½ cup pineapple||6 walnut halves||1 TBSP coconut flour|
|3/4 cup egg whites||½ cup mango||6 pecan halves||½ cup canned pumpkin|